Monday, September 30, 2013

Nail Challenge 2013: Day 30, A Tutorial


So when I read the prompt for Tutorial, I wanted to do something new to me‎ as well as try something from one of my nail hero's. I started surfing and ended up at Chalkboard Nails. If you've never visited Chalkboard Nails, you've been living under a rock!

I can't say enough about the quality of work on this blog. I hope to be half this 'polished' some day. Pun intended!

Chalkboard Nails has an entire section of Tutorials if you are ever stuck for inspiration. These are detailed and precise and easy to follow.

These nails were my attempt at the 
Sally Hansen Camouflage Nail Tutorial. I tried to match my colour choices by using a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, followed by splodges of NYC Lexington Yellow, Sally Girl Green with a code Doup-812044 and China Glaze Liquid Leather. I also used a tiny dotting tool instead of a brush because I felt more steady this way.







Once again the last one is headed for #madpropsmondays on Instagram but thought it was cute enough to show you guys on here as well. 


I'm pretty happy with the results on these as well. I tried a couple of these fingers matte after I took these and really recommend that for camo nails. It suited well.


No comments:

Post a Comment