Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Nail Challenge 2013: Day 24, A Book


Today my post is inspired by the book The hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette. This book I received for Christmas one year. I love historical fiction, and loved this book. If you Google Marie Antoinette for her fashion sense, the fabrics and shoes and dress designs are absolutely fascinating. I chose to stick to the book cover though with the beautiful blue and gold dress with floral motif.


I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue me Away for the base, and then dragged an almost dry brush of Revlon Blue Lagoon over from the corners. Then I splodged on some Pure Ice Heartbreaker to give a silk like shimmer and greenish tinge. I then free handed the designs with gold and white acrylic paints to look like the gold and white floral detail on the dress.





Last photo is in sunlight.

Hope you think I did it justice. It's a good book for anyone looking for a new read...In fact I may read it again myself now.


No comments:

Post a Comment