Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Polish Addict Nail Color Unicorn Love Swatch...And My Experiments!


So, I've been wanting to experiment with different nail techniques and nail art over Indie Polishes. Today I picked a light and pretty polish called Unicorn Love by Polish Addict Nail Color. Here is a quick couple pictures I took after I had my three thin coats and topcoat done.




Pretty Right! After it was dry, I wanted to try out the Nimbus Technique that has been popping up since a tutorial showed up over at The Nailasaurus. Hers are beautiful and you should try this. I used to do a similar blotting method with a make up sponge that worked well, but I need more practice with the nimbus method. Here's what I got when I was done.


These are ok, not what I hoped for. I liked the middle finger. Then on my right I tried a gradient with white.


Also ok, and kind of winter like. After these I decided I didn't like either that much, so I might as well practice with my new detail brush...lookie what I can do now folks!!!



Apparently you just need the worlds smallest detail brush, and your art improves immediately! If you've been hesitating to upgrade or don't have one, I suggest you get one! For the price of one China Glaze I got this at Sally's. Best Purchase ever!! The unicorn was inspired by the polish name, and the bow was just cause I like the look of bows and thought I could use the practice!


Much more freehand work will be in my future, now that it's a little less daunting. Not bad considering this started as a practice session. Yup, I am patting myself on the back for those two fingers, but just a little!

Cheers all.

No comments:

Post a Comment