Friday, November 1, 2013

Freehand Fridays With Ashley of Above The Polish!


This series is going to go on for a few weeks. Ashley and I of Above The Polish are planning on challenging each other to various free hand nail art projects that we will then both recreate.

Our first is inspired by a throw pillow on my couch! Here is a picture of the pillow.


For the art I started with a base of Finger Paints Don't Make a Scene. Then I started the pattern with acrylic paints...this is the mess I ended up with! FAIL! Dreadful FAIL! Awful FAIL! But you guys like fails, so here you go!


Why did I even stamp my watermark on that one?
Anywho, here's where we ended up.


It's alright, not my best, but not my worst. I need a new brush, and clearly more practice, but that's what the series is about! The above is in my light box, but the rest are sunlight. My box was freaking my camera out today.




I was meh on these till I top coated them. Then they were better. After I put matte on though, I really liked them better! So for today Matte Top Coat is my hero.


Here was my back up plan...aka my quitter right hand if I couldn't get the freehand rolling!

Please go check out Ashley's version over on her blog at Above The Polish. They are lovely as expected. Come on back next Friday to see what us girls cooked up for the Freehand Friday Challenge.

Cheers all.



No comments:

Post a Comment