Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blogiversary Fine Artist Swap


So when I was deciding what to do for my blogiversary I tossed around a few ideas back in May. The first was a contest, which seems to be becoming the standard for blogiversary celebrations. This was appealing, but I've been so immersed in the art side ofthe community lately that I wanted to do something a little different. I sat down and made myself a list of my top ten detail artists that I follow. I then reached out to only my top three and crossed my fingers!!

My idea was this, my 'fine art' artists would choose a piece they see as fine art and inspiring and recreate it as a mani. My job then, was to try and keep up! Below, I'm very proud to finally show you the results. 

First up to respond with a yes is Narmai of the Piggieluv.com blog linked here and her Instagram page linked here.  Narmai has gotten notorious lately for her 'story series' manis and her insane detail work. If you haven't seen her Instagram page it's an absolute must and one of my tops for a reason.

Narmai's selection was this surreal image called Dreams of Elysium by Ann Marie Bone linked here, who is an amazing artist and you need to go see her work!


Now I kept track of my art steps as I went along for those of you interested in how these detail manis go down. In the larger picture you'll see an image Narmai sent me of her final and I used it for reference as well.


Tada here it is my final look! I'm nervous, and hope you all love it.



And without further ado, the genius herself sent us this for your viewing pleasure! Just look at that bridge! Insane!


My other lovely lady was Viv of @Ka_yee_or on Instagram ....linked here. Viv's page is eclectic and cute. She does a large range of styles and this isn't the first of her designs I've recreated on my blog, but it's the first time I can say I'm posting with her. The image she chose was this stunner called Red Canna by Georgia O'Keeffe.


I chose to try and recreate the image once per finger. And this is how all that work turned out. I really love the final look and vibrancy of this manicure.




When Viv sent me her look I was completely in shock and awe! I couldn't process how different and amazing her manicure turned out.


I'm really happy to have reached this one year milestone. I'm pretty proud of my little blog, and hope my little group of readers is loving what I do as much as I love what these girls do for me.

Cheers all,

9 comments:

  1. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    OMG, I love ur work is wonderfull, original, unique. Congrats and God Bless U

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about this post is amazing! Your nail art is fantastic along with the other artists you worked with! Congrats on your blogiversary! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete