Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Animal Print Nimbus Nail Art


So these are an attempt at the undersea animal prints that many of you have been doing. I chose a Spotted Nudibranch Sea Slug from this link. He's cool and I love me some monochrome. I want to use this page again, there was lots of inspiration on it.

I decided my best bet was to try out the nimbus technique again. This link will take you over to a great tutorial at The Nailasaurus. She's got this down!

My greige base is OPI City Shopper. The spots were done with watered down acrylic black paint, and a cotton swab. The tutorial says acetone, but I wanted to try acrylic and water. I'm not sure I like the outcome, but wanted to try this out to see if it was an option. You decide, I'm on the fence.





Also as a bonus animal print, I did my friend Rachel's nails again. This was her birthday mani. She says my hand photography makes her look like an old woman...So 'happy birthday Rachel you old fart!'


The base is Ciate in Pepperminty, the purple is Pure Ice in No Means No, and the black China Glaze Liquid Leather. The glitter is an Indie mini gifted to me and I loved it. Its 27 Polish in Fake ID. Hope you liked these, myself I liked Rachel's better.

Cheers all.

 A few of us are working a very casual once a week Inlink, so if you are interested in these talented ladies, follow the links below.


6 comments:

  1. Both of these are fab Mandy! I love the Nimbus nails so much though - haven't tried it yet but its on my list... The leopard colours are gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I want to try it again too. With the acetone. It's cool. I did these ages ago as well by blotting

      Delete
  2. They both came out great, but I love your slug look! That texture came out so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wasn't sure if my slugs were heading into fail territory. But they are different.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm feeling slightly better about them. Lol

      Delete