Friday, September 6, 2013

Nail Challenge 2013: Day 8, Metallic


So here's my stab at metallic. I wanted this to look antique with lots of depth . I'm fairly happy with this but it's much more layered looking in person. 

I started with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On White and then sponged in randomly with Sally Hansen Instadry Silver Sweep and Joe Fresh Sun Kissed, (sheer gold). At that point it looked pretty awesome.

Then I splodged on some China Glaze Angel Wings which made it look like mud, and not in a good way! I put a layer of top coat on to make sure it was just the matte look of the glitter and shazam! It turned all dimensional and glowing like I hoped. Then I stamped it with China Glaze Liquid Leather with the pretty scrolling pattern on Bundle Monster plate BM-314. I rotated the stamper to get different parts of the image on each nail. 

Wish you could see this one in person. Tomorrow's challenge prompt is Rainbow. I've done a full rainbow dotticure before and it was super fun, so I'm looking forward to this one.





Thanks again, lovin the fun we are all having with this!


No comments:

Post a Comment