Monday, June 12, 2017

Digital Dozen Does Paper, Unicorn


This look was inspired by a full hand of Unicorns with 3D horns made of modeling clay by @polish4people on Instagram linked here. For my 'paper week' purposes, I had to figure out how to recreate the horn out of paper. I took one photo before I added the horn just in case I wrecked everything, so first up is a picture of my rainbow horse! I also convinced Cathy from More Nail Polish linked here to join in this insanity, so you have to check out her amazing look as well in the Inlinkz below.


1. I took a Post It not and cut a tiny triangle and rolled it into a small cone with a bit of tape.
2. I then covered the entire cone in base and top gel polish and cured it.
3. I then used a coloured gel polish to create the spiral so I could see what I was doing.
In the finished look I added a holo top coat, but I kind of wished I'd left it as it was. In case your wondering, I stuck the cone on the tip of a detail brush so I could hold it while working.





All in all, I loved it! It was a fun experimental project and really pushed me to figure out how to use paper physically this week.

Cheers all,



3 comments: