Monday, May 15, 2017

Digital Dozen Does Rainforests, Floral Nail Art


This week brings us another Digital Dozen week, and we're celebrating rain forests! I was actually so full of ideas for this week it was hard to decide! There are so many cool plants and animals in the rain forest. My family and I have been watching the BBC Earth 2 series in the evenings. I totally recommend it. My kids are at the age where they will watch something like this with us and are fascinated with the animals. If you haven't heard of it, click the link. There have been a ton of rain forest references in the series, so some of my ideas for this week come straight from the show.

Today's look is a freehand tropical floral on Dance Baby from China Glaze. I really wanted to start the week with tropical feeling flowers as the rest of my designs focus on amazing animals. My ferns and flowers were created with a selection of bright and neon acrylic paints, followed by a matte topper.


I love all the crazy rain forest plants from the series, even glow in the dark mushrooms I considered doing! Don't forget to go through the Inlinkz below to see what the other DD members cooked up for day 1.

Cheers all,



4 comments:

  1. Love that you did a floral! They are my fave! Love your color combo! I have one for later this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink isn't so rain forest, but I couldn't help it!

      Delete
  2. This is a vibrant color scheme. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, i loved the mix. The green and pink especially!

      Delete